Aller au contenu
Download RomStation

[Tutorial] Make good use of RomStation

MDJ

Messages recommandés

Hello Everyone it is me Again ! MDJ !
As the title suggest i want to share some stuff i'm doing with my romstation to you ^^

Romstation is an amazing launcher overall it may lack some features from other launchers such Picture Mode or Detail Mode or it doesn't look as much beautiful as other launchers 
but in my opinion Romstation looks way more compact, slick, customizable and simple for novice to general audience yet complex and compelling to the more hardcore collector and emulator users in term of interface and it is the only launcher that offer maximised control and management over all of your favourite emulators.
Yet Romstation offers unique features that non other launchers does such as buildin browser, communities, clubs, quizzes, blogs, but the big one is a library full of your favourite retro games from many of amazing goodold consoles available in many regions and in addition to that rom hacks my folks ! and amazing fan games not like stupid shovel-were games from other launchers and consoles alike !  

So (After I defend my favourite launcher for the second time lol) i want to share some of my own customizations ^^

-1 : Make good use of links 
Romstation offers a buildin browser now capable of opening multiple tabs and playing videos
image.png.fb2c6203210fb9c24b8fde84351f8efe.png

So you can make special links to your favourites games
like a wikipedia link for games deep info or a link to game's guides or a link to full soundtrack 
all my games have soundtrack link that when opened it will take me to a youtube playlist of the game's entire soundtrack
(mostly i can listen to my fav ost while chatting or doing anything else)

and also you can apply simple symbols before the titles like 
≡  indicate an info link
✓ indicate an achievement (i will talk about it later)
➜ indicate a link to a guide
♫ indicate a link to a soundtrack 

⤓ indicate a link to the download page in case the game is deleted

-2 : Make good use of tags 
You can make whatever tag you want for your library but i have a good recommendation !

image.png.e2656d3f379b844a8f1f202b47e50334.png

You can make tags for :
Modes : separate singleplayer and multiplayer games so you can quickly access multiplayer games in your library to play with ur friends !
ESRB Rating or other Rating System : separate games based on age recommendation excellent for your children safety  
Region : Separate games based on their region offset 

-3 : Games Completion/Achievements 
when i finish a game i simply do this 

image.thumb.png.980110965c2e7d032489f4e24812dc74.png

i add  "☆" in front of the title if i beat the game but not 100% completed it 
or i add "★" if i fully completed the game 100%
or i add "☒" if the game is deleted but i still have savedata and progression (you can delete the game for space but keep the savedata)

also as i said in link section you can make a link to a photo of statistic screen taken from the game to check ur progress without opening the game :

453267627_Annotation2019-12-29184906.thumb.png.2defa69296cbe4981c0b16c7754bf86c.png

-4 : Definitive way to chat about games
You can make romstation not only the definitive way to chat in it's own community but also you can open discord without it's own app also including other chat communities 
i can chat in romstation also chat in discord at the same app winning more ram and room 
so i made romstation the definitive way to chat about games online 

So these are my simple customizations i did to my romstation !
i hope you can find them useful guys !!
thank you for reading !!!

• Créer...