Download RomStation

switch disc on panzer dragoon saga ?

erjohnny

Messages recommandés

Il y a 2 heures, erjohnny a dit :

it s mednafen

https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Mednafen#m3u_playlist_files

m3u playlist files

To automatically load the next disc of a game, you will need a .m3u file. To make one, simply create a text file and name it after your game. Within the text file, write the names of the .cue sheets for your game discs as such:

Game (Disc 1).cue

Game (Disc 2).cue

Game (Disc 3).cue

Save the .txt file and then change the file extension to .m3u. Run the .m3u, rather than the .cue of the first disc and the first disc will load. When you get to the end of that disc, the next disc will be automatically loaded. For this method to work, shared memory cards (see below) must be used for the games in the playlist.

An example of a .m3u for Valkyrie Profile    206px-M3u_example.png

il y a 35 minutes, erjohnny a dit :

no it's still not working

when i try to switch disc with F6 it don't recognize a second disc

OK, I haven't tried it on Saturn on RomStation, but it works for me on PS1, you have to launch the .m3u file with mednafen then you can with F8 open the tray and select the disk with F6 to finally close the tray with F8, easy 😁.

Make a copy of your backup before handling, it's safer.

OK Jonathan, everything seems to be working well, I'll show you my test files so you have a visual.

Révélation

0.PNG.5c8593a6e3212218826bdf7c9c34ed30.PNG1.PNG.5e78f1c93822f7d94af3ee6427f38c1c.PNG2.PNG.a6f86b7022f0c5e5a06011c574240d88.PNG

Then we can start disc 2, stop then rename a copy of the backup of disc 1 as disc 2 to have a functional backup to restart the game directly from disc 2.

However, I do not recommend doing this, the best being to have a .m3u file which contains all the discs (4, to be completed) and always everything in the same directory.

As stated, it is a shared save that must be used with the .m3u file so simply renamed as the .m3u file added with the dot (.) and all the string of numbers and letters.

From there, we load the .m3u file, we load its backup, we get the disk 2 message, we press F8 (bios menu), F6 (disk 2 selection), F8 (we start in the menu (in top left)). Then we reload our save and we find ourselves with the Dragon on the map.

I am attaching the .m3u file (to be completed with the other discs).    PDSAGA.m3u

Also check (if ever) the content of the .cue files (text editor, notepad++ or other).

i think you don't get it 

when i load the m3u file and load the save of the disc 1 i get this Capturadepantalla2024-03-24212805.thumb.png.92c50908c85cf733b99fdc3ca286e56e.png

normal for the moment then i switch to disc 2Capturadepantalla2024-03-24213058.thumb.png.11d4550b95df06c9b73f69103304a5c2.png

load the game load the save and i get the same picture with please switch to disk 2

You are wrong, I understand well, at home, with my bin/cue your backup works well.

So the trick to do is to try without the .m3u with only disk 2 as indicated at the beginning of the last post.

Afterwards, if you think you have everything under control, and it doesn't work directly with disk 2, it may be because your disk image has a problem.

I don't know if the save can work with another version of the same game, otherwise I will suggest you try.

ok sorry for the wait

i tried renaming the save file of the m3u to a save from disc 2 like you said but when i load directly the disc 2 it just create another save file without data it don't recognize the renamed file

i tried with another multi disc game (enemy zero) and it work, with this game i can swap the disc of the m3u file and it recognize the save data

OK, I must admit that it's not simple, why? because we don't speak the same language (I translate with Google 😅) but it doesn't matter, if your problem is solved that's fine with me.

To use disc 2 directly, you actually had to first launch the game so that it created the disc 2 backup, what mattered was the name of this backup and not its content.

Then we had to rename the backup of disk 1 with the name of disk 2 so that the backup of disk 2 had the contents of disk 1 (yes, don't make a mistake and always make copies elsewhere).

The purpose of these manipulations was only to check if disk 2 works well (without using m3u).

I still think that you should check the .cue files to see if the content is correct, because what you are explaining to me with "enemy zero" is quite strange.

Sorry for not being able to test with the version of the game you have (not having premium 😅) it would have been simpler.

do you speak french or spanish?

it will make thing easier

i must have make a mistake somewhere now i can't reload my save file

when i load m3u file it create a new save file without data now

i'm starting to get frustrated ,do you have a remote access software it will help please

il y a 4 minutes, erjohnny a dit :

coucou 

alors dis tu possede un logiciel pour acceder a mon pc a distance ?

j'ai encore des fichiers avec ma sauvergarde je pense que c'est encore recuperable

J'ai compris ce que tu voudrais, il se fait tard pour moi, je serais là demain et plus s'il faut.

Il y a 9 heures, erjohnny a dit :

trouve le logiciel qui te convient ,j'essaierai de te repondre le plus vite possible (le matin je me reveille tres tard vers 13/14 heure , donc il faut eviter cette horaire)

Ok, mais je ne sais pas quel est ton fuseau horaire  Bon, cette après midi, je te recontacte, j'espère que tu sera connecté et disponible, alors on verra ce qu'on peut faire.

J'ai attendu suffisamment longtemps, mais vu que tu n'es pas là je ne pourrais plus t'aider, et probablement de la semaine, en tous cas si tu veux de l'aide il faut que tu me dises tes disponibilités et ton fuseau horaire.

• Créer...