Download RomStation

Trouble with Mario Kart Wii Deluxe and Wii Backup Manager

Witchcraft

Hello !

I'm totally new on RomStation, amazing system to gather old games and I'm also thrilled to play custom version such as MKWii Deluxe : I've downloaded the 3 version but Wii Backup Manager won't add them : 100% achieved but the file zip name is in red.

Normal game are found and I'm able to transfer on my WBFS HDD. I've added a screenshot of my trouble.

Any idea ? Are custom games only for emulation and I won't be able to transfer anyone my my hacked wii ?

Thanks in advance

I can post in French i don't know what's the best here

Sans titre.jpg

Hi, here are some things to consider and steps to troubleshoot the problem:

-File Format: Make sure that the custom version of MKWii Deluxe is in a compatible format. Wii Backup Manager typically works with ISO or WBFS files. If your custom version is in a different format, you may need to convert it to a compatible format before adding it to your WBFS HDD.

-WBFS Partition: Confirm that your WBFS HDD is properly formatted and functional. You may want to format it to WBFS using a tool like Wii Backup Manager if it's not already in that format.

-Wii Backup Manager Version: Ensure you are using the latest version of Wii Backup Manager. Outdated versions may not support certain custom games, and updating to the latest version might resolve the issue.

-Custom Game Compatibility: Some custom versions of games may not be compatible with the Wii Backup Manager. It's possible that the specific custom version you're trying to add is not supported.

If you're still having trouble, it can be helpful to consult forums or communities dedicated to Wii hacking and custom game modifications. These communities often have solutions and tips for dealing with specific issues related to custom games and homebrew.

Hello and thanks for your complete answer !

Sorry for posting into the wrong section but tbh even if I'm new, I'm used to forum posting and I Didn't find any specific topic / subforum and this surprised me.

Software got the latest version , I Even tried in 32bits or x64 version under admin rights. I Even tried Wii Back Up fusion with no success.

I've just formatted my hard drive to WBSF , it does recognize some Wii Iso already (I Didn't try it on my Wii yet but anyways files were detected (vanilla MK , NSMB , SMG 1 & 2...) , my HDD is a WD Passport I specially bought for maximum compatibilty.

Anyways as u said, it is certainly a file compatibility trouble but then it should be the case for everyone as I've just downloaded the 3 version without modification from here.